Answer: Most of the time, files won't open because your computer doesn't have a program available for opening that type of file. Materials downloaded from Disciplr may come in a variety of formats:
- .PDF (Printable Materials) - Most computers have software pre-installed to open these files. If yours doesn't, please visit www.adobe.com to download a free version of Adobe Acrobat.
- .MP3 (Audio/Music) - Most computers also have a pre-installed software that will run if you open this file after downloading.
- .MOV (Video) - These files can be viewed with Apple's Quicktime Player (for Mac or Windows) or Windows Media player. Most computers will come pre-installed with either/both of these options. (Note: Disciplr does not offer the .WMV file format. If your church is in need of this file type it may be because you are using an older version of MS-PowerPoint and want to play your videos there. We would recommend updating PowerPoint which now supports .MOV file types).
- .DOC or .DOCX (Editable/Printable Materials) - These files will require that you purchase/own a license to Microsoft Word 2007 and above to open. Sometimes publishers will provide a .DOCX version which will only work with Microsoft Word 2010 or later.
- .PPT (PowerPoint Presentation Materials) - These files will require that you purchase/own a license to Microsoft PowerPoint to open.
If you are experiencing any difficulties with downloaded files or have a problem opening/accessing any resources within Disciplr please submit a support request. Thanks!